recommended by Jen Sper, School Choral & Classroom Music Specialist
Since 1996, World Music Drumming has transformed lives and built community through ensemble drumming, singing, moving, playing xylophones and recorders. Students have developed focus, listening, teamwork, and respect while having the best time anyone can have in school. Now in over 20,000 schools worldwide, we are celebrating this success by publishing the landmark World Music Drumming 20th Anniversary Edition!
World Music Drumming: 20th Anniversary Edition by Will Schmid
This ALL-IN-ONE format adds the following new teacher and classroom-friendly elements:
• An enhanced curriculum sequence including 20 years of “best practice” (creative ideas and teaching strategies from WMD faculty and participants)
• 16 new audio recordings of each ensemble and song (including new arrangements that include piano/vocal, guitar/bass and xylophone/recorder parts)
• 47 new “how-to” videos by Will Schmid including special Ghana-filmed segments
• 28 projectable / printable PDFs for cultural enrichment, assessment and ensemble parts
• An e-Book with interactive audio, video and PDF icons.
Even if you already own the 1st edition Teacher’s Book, Cross-Cultural Student Enrichment Book and Video, you will want this enhanced 20th Anniversary Teacher Edition with its new features and interactive layout!
About the Author:
Jen Sper has been with Stanton’s since 2006. A former middle school and high school choral director, she holds a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Baldwin Wallace College Conservatory of Music. An active choral singer and accompanist throughout the Central Ohio area, she also enjoys good food, running (to counteract the good food…) and the Muppets.